The first Turkish Fatih Mosque call to prayer instead of church Havariyun read

In the Byzantine era, the hill where the first mosque Constantine had a church built in the period Havariyun. Byzantine emperors believed buried on this hill.
Constantine was buried on this hill is known outside the city at that time. After the conquest this building was used as the church of the Patriarchate. And the complex of Sultan Mehmet the Conqueror decided to build a mosque here Pammakaristos patriarchate has been moved to the monastery.

The construction started in 1462 and was completed in 1470. Architect, Sinaüddin Yusuf bin Abdullah (Atik Sinan). Mosque was damaged in the earthquake of 1509 in Istanbul and II. Bayezid period was repaired. Due to an earthquake in 1766 in the Sultan Ahmed III to come into ruins. Mustafa mosque between 1767 and 1771 had the architect Mehmed Tahir Aga repair. Therefore, the mosque lost its original appearance. 29 January 1932, was read the first Turkish call to prayer in this mosque.

The first construction of the mosque today, only three walls of the courtyard was a fountain, a fountain, the crown door, the altar, the first part of the balconies was a wall of the minarets and the environment. Was a fountain in the courtyard, which is parallel to the qibla wall of the portico is higher than the other three directions. Eight corners of the domes and arches sits on the outer pulleys. Belts are usually processed red stone and white marble, green stone is used alone mihverdekilere. Surrounded by wide moldings around the top and bottom windows. Frames marble and quite large, given the strong moldings.
Iron bars, iron and topuzludur thick. Portico with eight columns of green Euboea, two pink, two brown granite, and some corn granitindendir yerindekilerin congregation. Topics istalaktitlidir entirely of marble, and all of them. The marble pedestals. One of the Qibla of the courtyard, the two sides has three gates. Sadirvan eight-cornered. The mihrab istalaktitlidir yaşmağı. Cell corners green pole, decorated with sand, and over time ends up in an elegant crown. There is a verse in a single line on Yaşmağın. Slice on which the two minarets, mosques combined with the great harmony. Tiled wall of the right and left of the window during the last community boards.

Fatih Mosque, the first production, to expand the area of ​​the mosque walls and a dome resting on two feet and a half in front of the dome was added to it. Thus, 26 m diameter dome over a century, has maintained the quality of the large dome. Plan and to accomplish the second time the mosque is a small domed mosques cantilever with a sharp challenge has been building. At present, the central dome and four elephant sitting on oil, it is surrounded by four half-domes. Half-domes around half a second degree, and a full canopy, and the outer mahfildeki ablutions in front of hydrants covered galleries. The left side of the mihrab, from the tomb with a large ramp and the rooms are entered in the Sultan's loge.

Cones were made of stone minarets at the end of the 19th century. Mimar Mehmet Tahir Aga mosque in the old mosque, the time when repair parts, re-made the classic baroque pieces combined with a good way. Plaster the windows of the mosque was destroyed last eras changed the name of the frames. The gate next to the fire pool, Sultan II. Was built in 1825 by Mahmud. There was a large outer courtyard of the mosque. Tabhaneye it flew from the gate of the old mosque.

In particular, including the tomb of Sultan Mehmed II, Ottoman history, the tomb of a very important name here. II the Conqueror and his wife. Mother, the Valide Sultan Bayezid Gulbahar, "Pleven" Hero of Gazi Osman Pasa, and mesnevi express hazirededir Abidin Pasha mausoleums. Grand viziers, Şeyhülislamlar, senders, and is where many tombs of men of science, such as the Ottoman protocol at a ceremony in one literally seen place.

No comments :
Write yorum

Share memories with turkey