73-year-old British explorer lands in Istanbul

A British explorer and creator crossed Istanbul's famous Galata Bridge on Dec. 5 on her 6,000-mile venture from the U.K. to Nepal to fund-raise for penniless individuals in the South Asian nation.

lands in Istanbul

Rosie Swale Pope, 73, is running solo to help U.K.- based philanthropy PHASE Worldwide, which engages separated networks in Nepal, pulling all that she claims in a red truck behind her.

"I am respected to be in Turkey and have the affection for the Turkish individuals," Pope disclosed to Anadolu Agency during her stop in the city.

"I am ready to do this since I am very youthful," she said in a happy tone. "I am just 73 years of age, however I need to do it while I can."

Sharing a video of her running on the Galata Bridge, which traverses the Golden Horn, an old harbor in the city, she tweeted: "Is it a winged animal? Is it a plane? No! It's me stumbling into Galata Bridge on a 6,000-mile venture over the world from the UK to Nepal, pulling all that I possess in a truck behind me."

The swashbuckler, who is likewise the writer of the book Just A Little Run Around the World: 5 Years, 3 Packs of Wolves and 53 Pairs of Shoes, expressed gratitude toward those joining her on the scaffold.

"It was so great to be met by such a significant number of companions. Your generosity isn't lost on me. I will convey it with me as I proceed with my rush to Kathmandu, Nepal."

"Such a wonderful day. I am appreciative to the point that I can take my home with me to such great spots. #RosieRuns (PW)," she additionally composed on Twitter, sharing a picture of the city's Sultanahmet locale.

"In the same way as other individuals, on the off chance that you are accomplishing something that you put stock in with your entire being, you can do it," she said in the meeting: "And I need to do it while I am alive."

"The thought is that each individual on the planet merits the opportunity to cause the best of the existence they to have, anyway hard it is."

to help U.K

Backing by Turks


Despite the fact that Pope here and there remains at lodgings, she said she went through the previous evening in a field in her red truck, which she pulls utilizing a unique tackle while running.

She commended Turkey as she had increased more than 2,000 Twitter devotees from the nation since intersection the outskirt from Greece while strolling in November.

"I as of now have in excess of 2,000 new Twitter devotees who are Turkish, so I state Tesekkür ederim [thanks in Turkish]. You are super, Masaallah."

thanks in Turkish

The swashbuckler intends to visit her old neighborhood for seven days after her short stop in Istanbul.


"At that point I'm hurrying to Ankara, Georgia, Azerbaijan," she said.

For an incredible duration, Pope has been engaged with various long distance races in "a portion of the world's most testing landscapes and has set out upon numerous experiences including trekking crosswise over Chile on horseback and cruising over the globe in a little pontoon," agreeing PHASE Worldwide's site. "For a long time, I have been a benefactor of this [PHASE Worldwide] philanthropy, since it was the point at which my significant other would go to Nepal, and afterward he unfortunately kicked the bucket from a long haul disease," she included.

No comments :
Write yorum

Share memories with turkey